Face Yoga is a combination of facial massage and facial exercises which rejuvenates the facial muscles from within and brightens them. Accumulation of stress is the primary cause of dullness and premature ageing on the face. Perhaps, facial yoga is one of the best ways to look younger that can work wonders on the face naturally. The advantage of doing these exercises is to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin in the skin. When practicing regularly, it helps to prevent and slow down the appearance of the signs of aging. While doing exercises it is very important to breathe constantly so that your face looks calm and serene, and your features look softer as well.
There are different exercises for every part and each exercise plays a vital role in showing their results. Here are a few types of facial exercises illustrating how to do face yoga; which helps in achieving incredible results just by doing simple face yoga exercises which are designed to strengthen and lift facial muscles.
Types of Facial exercises:
- Forehead Flick Massage
Form your both the palms into the fists and keep them in the center. Smoothly move your fists over your forehead from center to outwards. Continue with this exercise for around a minute.
- It increases blood circulation and softens the expression line over the forehead.
- Releases tension and stress.
- Helps in relaxing the procures muscles.
Place your index finger on the middle of your eyebrows and keep your middle finger on the acupressure point on either side of your nostrils. Press it lightly and hold this exercise for a few seconds. While doing this exercise keep your eyes open.
- Helps in opening the blockage in the nose.
- Can feel the smooth breathing
- Excellent for the stress relief.
- Acupressure point
Take your index finger and give pressure behind the earlobe where the jawbone meets ears. The acupressure point behind the ears is very soft so choose to give pressure accordingly.
- Helps in boosting blood circulation
- Applying pressure helps in alleviating the ears and head pains.
- Also, helps in getting relief from the tinnitus pain too.
- Eye massage
Take your index finger and genteelly revolve around your eyes. Due to sensitive skin around the eyes, this exercise should be done with a feather-light touch only. Continue doing this exercise for around 1-2 minutes.
- Reduces the fine lines and wrinkles.
- Enhances the elasticity of the skin.
- Eliminates the eye bags (puffiness) under the eyes.
- Also, helps in reducing the dark circles which are caused due to a lack of blood circulation.
- Neck and chin massage
Tilt your neck backside and place all your fingers on the collarbone and then stretch. Stick to this position until you feel the muscles engaged and hold it for few seconds and release it back to the center. Repeat for 5-6 times daily.
- Boosts the immune system
- Effective facial exercise to strengthen the jawline and neck muscles.
- Increases blood circulation.
- Reduces the shoulder pain
- Increases the flexibility around the neck.
- Cheekbone’s massage
Use the first two fingers and place them beneath your cheekbones try to uplift and hold this position for few seconds. Repeat this exercise for 4-5 times for the better results.
- Excess fat is being reduced,
- Sharpen the face structure
- Improves the texture of the skin due to smooth blood flow.
Take first three fingers and lightly tap on your cheeks, move up to your neck and chin and all over the face for around 1-2 minutes. Keep doing this exercise daily.
- This exercise helps skincare products to penetrate deeply into your skin.
- Increases the blood circulation all over the face in equal amount.
- Prevents from getting scars or acne on the face.